Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Photo # 70

In honour of the International Fleet Review and the Canadian Navy Centennial, I'm posting another photo of one of our ships. This is a Halifax Class Frigate heading out of her home port of Esquimalt. Sorry if the image is a little grainy, I used the camera's digital zoom.

I took this photo a few weeks ago and was waiting for this week to post it. I hope I can get down to the waterfront to see some of the visiting ships from other Navies including New Zealand, Japan, Australia and the USA. At the time I'm writing this, we have an American Aircraft Carrier anchored just off of our cruise ship pier! I may have photographed lots of ships in my lifetime, but I've never taken a photo of a carrier. Here's hoping I can find time in my busy schedule...

W.O 365

No comments:

Post a Comment