Friday, August 27, 2010

Photo #149

A photo with a story...


Somewhere in Rebecca Spit Park, Quadra Island, BC. This is not a new photo, I took it about 5 summers ago and haven't posted it anywhere before. The reason I'm posting it today is mostly personal nostalgia. Sixteen years ago I met a girl on Quadra Island and we began hanging out together quite frequently. I would take the ferry from Campbell River as often as I could just to go and see her. One day, a mutual friend and her family invited us to spend the day with them here at Rebecca Spit, but the girl and I would often wander off by ourselves. We were still getting to know each other, so we had a lot to talk about.
After that wonderful day, I took the ferry back home promising I would call her later that night. I kept my word and we carried on our conversations well into the early hours of the next morning. It was around that time that the girl said to me: "I want to be your girlfriend."
That morning was Aug. 27th, 1994. We've been together ever since. Although our wedding anniversary isn't until November, I still like to celebrate the day we officially became a couple. And we still have a lot to talk about, too!
Happy 16 Years, Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment