Sunday, November 14, 2010

Photo #227

I've reached the time of year when I find myself working less and less which has freed up a lot of time for me to try to get back into an old hobby of mine...

I haven't built any models since I was probably about 15 years old, but sometime back before I moved into my new home, I got into a conversation with a good friend of mine about how cool it would look to have a couple of really nice ships on the shelves in my den. Nothing too crazy, but just a couple of tasteful models of real ships to fill some spaces among my books and guitar stuff. Turns out, my friend is an avid builder so he thoughtfully bought me a highly detailed model of the RMS Titanic as a housewarming gift.
The box has been sitting unopened on my shelf for a couple of months now, but this week I went and bought some supplies like paint and brushes and such and I've decided to give it a go. I'm hoping that the patience I've gained in my old age, and the skills I've acquired as a professional painter for the past few years, will produce a beautiful model worthy of display. Wish me luck!

W.O 365

No comments:

Post a Comment