Friday, March 25, 2011

Photo #359

Thank goodness it's Friday! Now that I'm back to work full time, that phrase has meaning again! I've had a busy week doing prep work on the exterior of the old CPR Steamship Terminal building. Here are a few photos to give you a glimpse into any given day at work for me...

My "office". Four storeys of scaffolding along the front of the building which is also wrapped in tarps to minimize dust and paint chips falling onto the street below.

Chipping the old paint off the decorative concrete mouldings is not unlike peeling the shell off a hard boiled egg. A little tap with my knife and peel off the flakes. We're not going to completely strip them. We only want to remove the loose paint and prep the bare concrete for painting, repairing where needed.

This is one of several faces found on each corner of the building. I'm not sure if it's Poseidon or Neptune. This one has been prepped and primed  by my coworkers and is ready for painting.

And finally, here's what the interior currently looks like. We're not painting in here, but I just wanted to give you a look.
 
In spite of the daunting amount of work that needs to be done, I kind of like being able to say I've had a hand in restoring a Victoria landmark.

W.O 365

No comments:

Post a Comment