Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Photo #294

Today's a bit of a sad day for me. These guys showed up outside my balcony at 8:30 this morning, and by the time I was out of the shower they had their first victim...


Two hours later, it was all over. My view has been forever changed...

This is what the trees looked like back in July...
So yeah, there goes our privacy. Megan and I knew the city was planning on doing roadwork this year, but we didn't know they'd take out the trees. Apparently the underground utilities need work, so the trees had to go. For me these oaks were one of the things that sold me on our new home. Had we known this was going to happen, I might have thought twice about buying this place. I can only hope that when the work is done they will plant new trees.
If this story seems familiar, the same f'ing thing happened at our old address. See Photo #33. How does that song go? "Paved paradise and put up a parking lot..."

W.O 365

No comments:

Post a Comment